Susan G. Komen Michigan is proud to announce funding opportunities through our Small Grants program. Applications will be available online through the Grants eManagement System starting on May 23rd, 2016 and submission deadlines are June 1, 2016; August 1, 2016; and January 1, 2017 by noon. Additional details are in the Request for Applications document, located here.
Please pass along this information to any organizations who may be interested and encourage them to contact Megan Smith Jovanovic, email@example.com, to be added to the distribution list.
Komen Michigan Granting Priorities for Small Grants:
1. Pilot or capacity building evidence-based programs with a focus on:
- Reaching populations with low screening rates, specifically those who are rarely or have never been screened. Programs should have emphasis on the uninsured, newly insured, and medically underserved by developing creative approaches to community-based/lay navigation.
- Exploring new approaches to reach low income African American, Hispanic/Latina, and rural communities and provide opportunities to creatively meet identified educational or outreach needs.
- Addressing disparities in mortality by developing innovative approaches to clinical patient navigation/case management programs which provide follow-up and support through diagnosis and treatment.
- Creating innovative and culturally competent training and/or education for health care providers.
- Developing evaluation plans or measures to enhance your organization’s ability to quantify outcomes.
- Piloting new programs to meet identified breast health needs from Komen Michigan’s Community Profile with the intent to expand the program into a large grant request the following year.
2. Support for local scientific or educational conferences, symposia, and meetings. Preference given to those that enhance the interaction between the healthcare, advocate, survivor, and scientific communities with a focus on engaging populations in-need as described previously.
Training Webinar – Available Online
A grant training webinar is posted to the Komen Grant page (http://komenmichigan.org/grants/how-to-apply-for-community-grants/). The webinar will outline the use of the GeMS system and troubleshooting tips. Note, where the webinar talks about Community Grants “CG”, you will be looking for Small Grants “SG” in GeMS, otherwise the functionality is the same. For information on funding priorities, application requirements, and budget restrictions, please review the RFA. Please review the sample contract as well to understand the requirements of the funding.
Please send email questions following the webinar to Megan Smith Jovanovic, firstname.lastname@example.org.