MiCHWA CHW Instructor Training Cohort 2
MiCHWA is excited to announce that the next MiCHWA CHW Instructor Training Program has launched as of January 8, 2018. Five new MiCHWA CHW Instructor-Trainees were selected, with support from their employer organizations, to participation in the training. To learn more about the MiCHWA CHW Instructor Training Program, please contact email@example.com.
Funding for this project was made possible by the State Innovation Model (SIM) and the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Foundation.
The purpose of MiCHWA CHW Instructor Training Program is to expand the capacity of the MiCHWA CHW curriculum instruction team throughout the State of Michigan.
- Self- directed study which includes review of the training manual, Foundations for Community Health Workers textbook, related article(s), MiCHWA evaluation, and viewing of Unnatural Causes (videos).
- 2 online training sessions.
- 3-day in-person training.
- Technical assistance/support calls with Master Trainers and MiCHWA.
- Implementation of a CHW training in its entirety in designated region.
- Participation in evaluation activities.
MiCHWA CHW Instructor Training Cohort 1 (pilot)
The first cohort of the MiCHWA CHW Instructor Training Program was successfully completed as of September 2017. Instructor-Trainees completed the 2.5-day in-person training where they received instruction on how to deliver the MiCHWA CHW Curriculum. After all five Instructor-Trainees completed the in-person training, each Instructor-Trainee planned and instructed one full MiCHWA CHW Training cohort. These trainings took place in Battle Creek, Flint, Dearborn, and Marquette. Congratulations to our newest MiCHWA-trained CHW Instructors! MiCHWA also thanks the MiCHWA Master Trainers (Rebeca Guzman and Susie Williamson) for their expertise in teaching and supporting the new MiCHWA CHW Instructors.
Funding for this project made possible by the Metro Health Foundation and the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Foundation.